Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Printing Booklets

My PC is out of action and awaiting a rebuild, these days I am doing most of my zine writing on the Mac. After all isn't the Mac all about these kind of arty, creative things?

Not when it comes to booklet printing however. I have an expensive laser printer (prices on the kind I have are about a third what I paid for years ago, I note, crazy!) that is perfectly capable of printing a booklet: using the Windows driver.

On OSX though, no chance of trying such craziness. Well at least I can turn to OpenOffice's in-built booklet printing can't I? Nope, the NeoOffice version I am using doesn't have that either.

Is there some kind of crazy booklet printing hatred at Apple?

To top it all off NeoOffice cannot handle the OpenType fonts I just bought and is doing some crazy kerning that is making the whole thing look terrible. Looks like this might be a PDF issue at this rate.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home