Sunday, April 02, 2006

Back to my usual tricks

I have now managed to start writing two issues of carnel simultaneously. This has been an annoying feature of the last couple of issues and I had hoped to kick it this year. However the cause is exactly the same. Issue 33 is meant to be a special issue with a writeup of my Mage London campaign. In general I don't like to have letters and the little regular columns of the normal issues in a special or single topic issue as I think that they distract from the main subject.

However that means that all the regular stuff that normally goes into the issue gets put in the following issue (in this case issue 34 which is meant to be some one-off scenario write ups). Often writing the little bits is easier and more enjoyable so the later issue tends to be completed more quickly than the preceeding one. This means that the issues tend to get released at the same time.

I am also having another one of my classic problems with Issue 33 and that is writing too much. In general an issue is best when it is no more than 40 pages and preferably 36 for reasons of cost. For the last couple of issues I have allowed the issue to get a bit fatter but I don't think I can afford to do that this time so instead I think the special issue may have to be chopped into two parts.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to the next issue becasue for me your special issues are always the best.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home